Intumescent coatings have a wide variety of advantages for designers who are concerned about the aesthetics of their fireproofing.
- Intumescent coatings are applied in the same manner as paint and do not take up much space.
- Intumescent coatings are very easy to clean and maintain.
- Intumescent coatings do not produce dust.
- Intumescent coatings leave the steel structure and beams exposed, which can be a desirable design choice.
- Decorative top coats are available for intumescent designs, allowing them to complement the rest of the décor.
Contact our team:
Intumescent coatings allow architects and designers to use exposed steel structures in their designs, while still providing the fire protection ratings that are required by building codes. When exposed to intense heat, intumescent coatings “melt” and expand into an insulating foam layer that absorbs heat. The foam layer releases water vapor which helps cool the air, while the foam protects the steel from the increasing temperatures.
Let’s get started
We give you the best service at the best price in the industry